Buried resistance is a thin film electrodeposited on copper NiP metal alloy (resistor conductor material). The alloy is laminated to a dielectric and subtractively processed to produce planar resistors. Due to the thin film nature, it can be buried within layers – without increasing the thickness of the board or occupying surface space (like discrete resistors).
- Improves line impedance matching.
- Reduces signal paths & series inductance.
- Reduces cross talk, noise and EMI.
- Enhances performance of cost-effective resistor technology in high speed high density circuit design.
- Eliminates discrete resistors.
- Lead free compatible.
- Stable through a wide frequency range 20+Ghz.